Tuesday, May 31, 2005

On the nature of observing nature

As I utterly failed to make plain in my first post, the ostensible point of this blog is to fulfill a school requirement that I observe nature and then write about it. So I could, for instance, write about trees, flowers, and grass. But this would bore you and you would probably stop reading. You'd probably rather read about how I think George W. Bush is kind of dickwad, or the ways in which I like to make fun of cats.

Q: Aren't you an acupuncture student?


A: Yes.

Q: Aren't you supposed to be, like, one with nature or something? You just referred to the President of the United States of America as a dickwad.

A: He is a dickwad.

Q: Well...yes. But aren't you supposed to, I don't know, have compassion for all living beings, including cats and the President?

A: The road to enlightenment is long, and is paved with name-calling and jokes about cats. Besides, this blog will now pop up whenever anyone does a Google search using the words "George Bush" and "dickwad."

Anyway, my point is that nature takes many forms. Actually, my point is that nature takes on all forms. And my other point is that not only would you rather read about other things than trees and flowers, I would much rather write about them, too. Hence, while the broad subject of nature is the subject of this blog, reading this blog you will learn about life, the universe, and everything.

Q: Um, really? Will I learn the meaning of life by reading your blog?

A: Yes.

Q: Really?

A: Yes.

Q: Really really? When?

A: Soon. Keep reading.

Q: Are you totally full of crap?

A: It is entirely possible. But keep reading anyway.

No comments: